Monday, December 8, 2014

More Northern Lights!

Last week I showed you a card I designed using the Northern Lights technique.  Today I have another one I made, which I CASE'd from a design by Heidi Baks that I saw on Pinterest.

Holiday card featuring the White Christmas stamp set and using the Northern Lights technique
This is the card I actually did with my techniques group last week.  The technique really is quite simple and pretty hard to mess up, since the Northern Lights never quite look the same twice!  Check out the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers for a detailed how-to.  I followed it pretty closely. The nice thing about this card is that it gave me a chance to review masking with my group as well!

Aside from the inks, card stock and White Christmas stamp set, the only embellishment I used was a single Smokey Slate Candy Dot on my sentiment banner.

On the inside I used additonal stamps from the White Christmas set and coloured the little stars with Daffodil Delight Blendabilities.
I'm quite happy to say that I am done with Christmas cards for another year!  I still have a few samples left to show you, but I am on to new things!  My Occasions Catalogue and Sale-a-bration pre-order will arrive this Friday, so watch out next week for tantalizing teasers.  All I can say is the Occasions Catalogue is OVER THE TOP AWESOME!!  I can't wait to play with all my new goodies!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my....I'll have to give this one a try! Looks challenging...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...