Monday, April 6, 2015

Whew!

What a weekend!  My sweet boy had his birthday party on Saturday, Easter on Sunday and today is Max's actual birthday!  Talk about hectic!  Before I dive into the details, let me first remind you that the free shipping promotion starts TODAY!  Woohoo!

http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?email=lgirsa%40gmail.com&phone=%28519%29+574-6059
Click the image to place your order
Today is my sweet, not-so-little boy's 8th birthday.  Hard to believe this little peanut...

...is now this fun, sweet, loving 8-year-old:


I don't know where the time has gone!  I am so proud of the wonderful young man my boy is becoming...happy birthday Maxwell!

Now for some stamping!  Max held his 8th birthday party on Saturday.  He wanted a Penguins of Madagascar theme and, of course, there are no decorations or party supplies of any kind to be found!  So, I improvised!  I made his invitations...they turned out pretty well:

I made the file folder using the Envelope Punch Board from Kraft card stock.  The lettering and date on the front of the folder were done with the This and That Remember and the Alphabet Rotary Stamps. The grid image is stamped in Crumb Cake ink and is from the the Off the Grid (retired) stamp. The Seal of Approval image is stamped in Real Red ink and is from the Grunge Rock set (also retired).  I printed the silhouette image of the penguins using my ink jet printer, die cut it using the Squares Framelits and then sponged it with So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie inks.  I created the polaroid look also using the Squares Framelits.  The little clip is one of the Essentials Hardware Clips.

I let Max choose the colour scheme for his party.  He went with black, white and orange, because those are the colours of the penguins.  It had a decidedly Halloween'ish look!  I made him a banner using the Party Pennants Bigz die and Tangelo Twist card stock.  The letters are die cut using a long retired set of alphabet dies.  The penguins were printed on my ink jet printer, fussy cut out and then adhered to the banner with dimensionals.  I strung the pennants on some 1/8" silver metallic ribbon and added some silver glimmer stars for some sparkle.

The loot bags were done using My Digital Studio.  I created a postcard-size page and dropped in an image I found online.I printed them off and glued them to plain white gift bags, again adding a few glimmer stars for sparkle.


As if all the birthday hoopla weren't enough, we also had a wonderful family Easter yesterday, complete with a huge dinner and, of course, an egg hunt...


I hope you had as wonderful an Easter weekend as we did.  We are so very blessed!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome Leena - the invitations, banner and loot bags are super cute! Wow - Max is 8...how quickly they grow up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...