Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Celebrate You

Happy Wednesday...half-way through the week, which means it is downhill to the weekend...woohoo!!

Today I have a card I designed a while back for a class I did featuring the Birthday Bouquet Suite from the Occasions Catalogue. I have to say, this is still one of my favourite product suites of all time...so pretty!

Birthday card featuring the Birthday Blooms stamp set.
At this class I not only wanted to showcase the fabulous products in this suite, but I also wanted to teach my guests how to watercolour using blender pens. I must have done a pretty good job, because their projects looked UH-MAZING and no two were exactly alike. We began by heat embossing the floral image from the Birthday Bouquet stamp set in white on watercolour paper. Then using blender pens we coloured the image using Watermelon Wonder, Crushed Curry and Mint Macaron ink. To add colour to the background, we did a wash with an aquapainter and Soft Sky ink. Heat embossing the image before colouring makes it much easier for beginners, as the embossing resists the ink and helps keep it inside the lines. :)

The watercoloured panel is mounted on a piece of Birthday Bouquet DSP and then on a Watermelon Wonder card base. The sentiment, which is from the Suite Sayings stamp set, is heat embossed in gold and then die-cut using the Lots of Labels Framelits. I highlighted the label with a gold metallic foil doily, as bit of Watermelon Wonder lace trim and some pearls from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit. The final touch was a few tiny pearls scattered across the front panel.

On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped the heart border from the Birthday Blooms set in Mint Macaron ink and the sentiment in Watermelon Wonder ink.

This card was certainly a hit with my class participants, as I'm sure it will be to anyone who receives it to honour their special day.


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$37.00
Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.50
Big Shot
[113439]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...