Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Did You Miss Me??

WOW! I have been AWOL the last week. This month has been completely crazy and isn't over yet. Thank goodness I had the foresight not to schedule classes this month...WAY too much going on. This past weekend was a long weekend, here in Canada, and I spent it in Virginia with my bestie. It was SOOO good to finally be in the same room together...much easier to give hugs that way than over FaceTime! We had a BLAST together...I can't wait till she comes to help me celebrate my birthday in June!


Last night I finally had a few minutes to head down to my studio to do some stamping. It has been a LOOOONNNGGG time since I inked up some rubber...I almost forgot how! I cracked open some new products from the upcoming Annual Catalogue...check it out..

Isn't that colour combo yummy?? Who knew that Night of Navy and Crumb Cake would be such a dynamic duo? The colour geniuses at Stampin' Up!, that's who!! I used the DSP from the Affectionately Yours specialty DSP pack as my inspiration. It is GORGEOUS and has hints of copper...more to come on that stuff!  I also used two other products from the Affectionately Yours Suite on page 44-45 of the new Annual Catalogue:  the Floral Affection TIEF and the Love & Affection stamp set.
I began by embossing a 3"x4" piece of Crumb Cake card stock using the Floral Affection folder. I added some sparkle by brushing the clear Wink of Stella over the raised image.



The sentiment is from the Love & Affection set and is stamped in Night of Navy ink. I die-cut the word "you" from Night of Navy card stock using the Hello You Thinlits.

I added a bit of (retired) Night of Navy satin ribbon and a metal-rimmed pearl. Both the embossed layer and the DSP are matted with Night of Navy card stock and then mounted on a Crumb Cake card base.

On the inside I stamped some of the flower and leaf images from the Love and Affection set...they are so easy to layer and create unique bouquets because they are photopolymer. I omitted a sentiment on the inside because I have A LOT to say when I send this one!

Thanks for stopping by to check in today after my lengthy silence. I hope you have a great week!


Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$136.00

2 comments:

  1. Leena welcome back to stamping! Looks like you had a great time away. No better times than with your Bestie! Your card is simply awesome and I like the Night of Navy Crumb cake combo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful combo; can't wait to order from the new catty. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...