Sunday, September 24, 2017

Love and Hugs for SS

Happy Sunday! What a hot weekend it has been here! We actually have a heat warning issued...and it's the first weekend of Fall! I am sooo ready for cooler, crisp air.

Today marks the start of a new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps. Check it out:



Here is my project for the Design Team:


 As many of you may know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and in recognition of that, my Bundle of the Month class is featuring the Ribbon of Courage bundle. Not only that, but I am donating 100% of the class fees and commission from the sale of this bundle to breast cancer research. So many people I care about have been affected by breast cancer and I want to do something to help eradicate that horrible disease. I designed this week's card for us to make as one of the projects at my fundraiser.

I began with a piece of Fresh Florals DSP in Powder Pink as my background panel. The ribbon image is heat embossed using clear embossing powder on Whisper White card stock and then sponged all over with Powder Pink ink. I added a touch of Flirty Flamingo around the edges for contrast against the pink background paper. I used my Flirty Flamingo marker to highlight some of the flowers in the ribbon.

The sentiment, which is from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set, is stamped in Smokey Slate ink and then overstamped with the heart in Powder Pink. I used the Stitched Shapes framelits to die-cut the sentiment and then layered it on a scalloped square cut from Smokey Slate card stock using the Layering Squares framelits. Now, how able that cute little silver metal heart? It uses the faux metal technique! I stamped the heart image using Versamark ink on silver foil card stock, heat embossed in silver and then die-cut it using the coordinating framelits. Voila...instant "metal" embellishments! Besides that, the only other embellishment on this card is some Smokey Slate gingham ribbon. The card is built on a Smokey Slate card stock base.


On the inside, I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped another sentiment from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set in Smokey Slate ink and, once again, overstamped it with the heart in Powder Pink.

For more information about how you can participate in my fundraiser, click HERE.


Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's projects and then create your own to share with us. We'd love to see your work!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

1 comment:

  1. Leena, this is wonderful! I am so happy you reminded us of Breast Cancer Awareness month coming up. Your mix of patterns and the ribbon is perfect! I hope you have a great week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...