Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Painted Autumn Crate

Well, the calendar says September and Fall is supposed to begin on Friday, but you certainly wouldn't know it to look outside! It is downright HOT here this week...hotter than it has been all summer! Not the kind of weather conducive to learning with a bunch of sweaty teenagers in an unairconditioned classroom...yuck! I'm ready for cool crisp days and chilly nights.

Today I have a fall project for you, despite the weather. It is one that we will be creating at my Suite of the Month class this Friday...

This cute little crate is filled with six 3" x 3" notecards and envelopes. They fit perfectly in the little crate made with the Wood Crate Framelits. I used Crumb Cake card stock embossed with the Pinewood Planks TIEF to construct the crate. I stamped the sunflower image from the Painted Harvest stamp set using Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Soft Suede inks and then fussy-cut it out and adhered it to the front of the crate, along with some stamped and punched leaves and half of a foil snowflake (vanilla side out).


Each card is cut from thick Very Vanilla card stock, so they're nice and sturdy. On each one I cut a 2-3/4" square of DSP which I then layered on a 2-7/8" square of Early Espresso card stock. The sentiment is from the One Big Meaning stamp set and is stamped in Early Espresso ink. I punched it out using the 2" circle punch and then layered it on a copper foil circle punched with the Starburst punch. I added some stamped leaves using Lemon Lime Twist and Garden Green inks.

Here I used a smaller sentiment image, also from the One Big Meaning set, punching it with the Classic Label punch. I added some more stamped/punched leaves and a little Linen Thread bow.

For this design I stamped the sentiment from the Painted Harvest stamp set in Early Espresso ink, punched it with the Pretty Label punch and then stamped the leaves in Cajun Craze ink (stamped off once). I layered the label on a copper foil label punched with the Everyday Label punch.

I love the 3" x 3" size...they make cute little notes to tuck in with a gift or to attach to a bottle of wine. This little crate is the perfect way to package them to gift to someone special.

Did you know that my Suite of the Month classes are all available as Classes-to-go? Click HERE to learn more.

Thanks for stopping by...have a great week!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00
Leaf Punch
[144667]
$21.50

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is super cute! I love your box and the set of note cards. Great idea! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susan! I love 3" x 3" note cards...just the right size for a quick little note to someone special.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...