Monday, September 4, 2017

Feels like Fall

Happy Labour Day Monday! I hope you are enjoying the long weekend. I, on the other hand, have been busy at school preparing for the arrival of my students tomorrow. It is hard to believe that the summer is over and another school year is upon us. I'm not sure I'm ready to go back to the insanity that is my life during the school year, but it is coming, whether I'm ready or not!

Today want to share a project that I designed for my upcoming At Home With You Bundle of the Month class next week. I saw Amanda Bates' project on Pinterest I knew that I had to CASE it for this class.

I opted for a fall theme...I love that the At Home With You stamp set offers images and greetings for so many different occasions!  This is a centre-step easel card, which is the perfect way to showcase the door image from this bundle. I even used the window from the door to create the windows on either side of the door. Gotta love versatility :) Can you guess how I created the window boxes? They are from the base of the Muskoka chair die-cut from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits! I used Cajun Craze card stock.

I used a piece of 12" x 12" Kraft card stock from the Merry Little Christmas pack as the base. Amanda's original design was for a card that was 6" wide, but I wanted mine to fold flat and fit into a standard envelope, so I altered her design to fit. The door and windows are stamped in Early Espresso ink on a piece of Wood Textures DSP...is there anything you can't do with that stuff?? All of the coloured images are stamped in Basic Black ink on Very Vanilla card stock and then coloured using a blender pen and ink pads. Colours I used were Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Early Espresso and Pumpkin Pie.

I can't wait to try another one of these cards in a Christmas theme...stay tuned for that and a video tutorial coming soon!

https://goo.gl/forms/cqa0tSq2qPQpMdDI3

 I am very excited to announce my new ribbon share. Every ribbon in the Annual and Holiday Catalogues are now available to order by the yard, either as a single length or the equivalent in pre-tied bows. I have had so many people ask for this, I finally decided to make it happen. If you live in Canada you can order your ribbon by click the image above.

Have a wonderful week!!


Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$16.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...