Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Fall in the air?

Happy...er...Wednesday?!?  I know I'm a couple of days late with this week's post...sorry about that. We have my uncle from Austria staying with us this week, so I am completely out of my routine and out of whack. As I am the only one in our household who speaks German, and my uncle doesn't speak English, I've been pretty much occupied since he arrived. It certainly has been a great visit...I hadn't seen him since 1996! I'd say we were overdue for a visit! What's even better is that we've been planning how we are going to extend our trip after the Greek Isles incentive trip next summer and spend a few days in Innsbruck with my uncle. I am SOOO excited about this trip...this likely isn't the last you'll hear about it ;)

But enough about me...you came to see a cute project and I have one for you! This is one I designed while planning my upcoming fall classes. It uses some Annual Catalogue items and some Holiday Catalogue sneak peeks as well...


The inspiration for this card was one designed by Leanne Pugliese that I found on Pinterest. Leanne's card was quite CAS, however I like to grunge up my masculine cards sometimes, so I layered lots of stamped images and used some embellishments from the Holiday Catalogue.

I began with a scrap of Wood Textures DSP and stamped the horse and grass image from the Country Road stamp set in Early Espresso ink. I adhered that to a piece of Early Espresso card stock that I had run through the Big Shot with the new Corrugated TIEF...such a cool texture! On the Whisper White background panel, I stamped the herringbone image from the Gallery Grunge stamp set in Crumb Cake ink, as well as the wagon wheel, grass and star in Early Espresso and Crumb Cake respectively.


I layered the stamped woodgrain panel onto the stamped background piece, sandwiching a bit of the new chicken wire embellishment between them. The sentiment is from the Country Road stamp set and is stamped in Early Espresso with a hint of the herringbone patten in the background. I added one of the new galvanized clips and some linen thread to finish the look.


On the inside of the thick Whisper White card base, I stamped more grass and another wagon wheel, as well as a sentiment from the Country Road stamp set, all in Early Espresso ink.

I love that this card would suit not only fall birthdays, but really any time of year with the country theme.

Thanks so much for stopping by this week. Do you realize that the new Holiday Catalogue goes live one week from today??? That's some seriously exciting stuff! If you don't yet have a hard copy of this fabulous catalogue and would like one, drop me a quick note HERE and I'll hook you up. In the meantime, have a great week and a super long weekend!




Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$150.00

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Love the country theme and all the textures on this. Awesome card. Enjoy your visit with your uncle. (Other family members could try google translator on your smart phone...)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...