Thursday, April 15, 2021

Friendly Flamingo and a Blog Hop

 It's the 15th of April, which means it is time for another Stamping Symphony Blog Hop! This month we are highlighting some of our favourite retiring products as we prepare for a new Annual Catalogue in early May. Since I am all about the tropics this week during my "Mapril" Staycation, I thought I would grab some of my most beloved retiring items and give them the tropical treatment. Check out this fun birthday card:


tropical birthday card

Can you spot all of the retiring products I used? Hint: there are SEVEN (one is really tricky!) Here's a closer look, if it helps...

tropical birthday card

Did you spot them all? Here's what I did...
I used some Forever Greenery Designer Paper for my background...I think this pattern looks like grass paper, perfect for my tropical vibe. I embossed the DSP with the Subtle 3D embossing folder (I am SO going to miss that one), which adds to the grass-paper-look. I also layered on a piece of Flowers for Every Season DSP as well. 
I die-cut a Basic White label using the Stitched Nested Labels dies...another go-to of mine that is going away! I stamped my flamingo using the new Polished Pink and Pale Papaya inks, along with some Basic Grey for the beak. The greenery is stamped in Just Jade...I also added a hint of shading using the same ink and a blending brush. I stamped the flowers in Polished Pink ink on card stock of the same shade and die-cut them out using the Flamingo dies. My sentiment is stamped on a label die-cut with the Messages die...I love having a bunch of ready-cut labels on my desk when I'm designing! I added some Just Jade leaves, die-cut using the In the Tropics dies and some Forever Gold Laser Cut leaves as well. The pop of gold looks amazing with the lush pink and green. I embellished my design with some Forever Greenery gold cord and some gold Glitter Enamel Dots. The final touch was a quick spatter of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint. 
tropical birthday card

On the inside of my Just Jade card base, I added a Basic White panel on which I stamped some more greenery from the Friendly Flamingo set, as well as a sentiment and more flowers. 

It was really a lot of fun to pull out my retiring items and give them one last hurrah before the sail off into the sunset. Be sure to grab anything that is still on your wishlist before May 3rd when they disappear forever. *sniff*

Thanks so much for stopping by today...be sure to hop on over the the next blog to see what creative genius awaits!


tropical birthday card



Product List
Messages Die
[154422]
$46.00

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card Leena! Just what need to brighten these days.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...