Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Friendly Flamingo Fabulous Fun Fold

 Happy Tuesday...and happy "Mapril"Break to me! Our long-awaited break is finally here and it comes with some less-than-great news of yet another lockdown and school closure as cases here are skyrocketing. That means, instead of spending my vacation on the beach, I'll be spending it in my studio playing with paper and ink...it could be worse, right? To help get myself in a tropical state of mind this week, I am featuring the Friendly Flamingo bundle from the Jan-June Mini Catalogue.

Check out this awesome fun fold...


tower fold card

Now, although this card looks tricky, it is really quite easy! Just a bit of scoring and some cutting. I demonstrated how to cut, score and fold the card base in this week's Live @ Five video. I will post the link at the end of this post. I used some soon-retiring Forever Greenery Designer Paper to decorate my card base...man, I am going to MISS that paper! It works for EVERYTHING!

I stamped my flamingo in...wait for it...Flirty Flamingo ink, with Daffodil Delight for the beak and legs. The greenery is stamped in Shaded Spruce, which is the same colour as the card stock I used for the base. 
The sentiment is also stamped in Shaded Spruce and then punched using the 1-1/2" circle punch. That's one retiring item that will NEVER leave my studio. I use it all the time. Speaking of must-have retiring punches, the Story Label punch, which I used to layer behind the sentiment is another one that I'll be hanging onto.
tower fold card

This card looks fabulous standing up on a desk...such a great WOW fold with minimal effort. 

tower fold card

On the back side, I added a 2" x 5-1/4" piece of Basic White card stock to allow space to write a message and stamp another greeting. 

tower fold card

Check out the how-to in my video below. This card demonstration starts at about the 7:30 mark. I've included measurements in the video description.



Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be sure to swing by on Thursday for another Stamping Symphony Blog Hop. In the meantime, have a great week!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...