Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Handsomely Suited For Dad

 Happy Tuesday! I hope you are having a good week so far. Here we are well into our third lockdown of the pandemic and I have to admit, it is getting OLD. I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever be able to gather to stamp again.

As I plan for the launch of the new catalogue, I am once again looking at virtual ways to connect and create together. If you are in Canada, I would invite you to check out my Virtual Catalogue Launch and Bingo event...it will be TONS of fun. You can read all about the details on my Upcoming Events tab in the right sidebar.

I am also launching a new Cross-border Crafters online class featuring, coincidentally enough, the Handsomely Suited Bundle...


Again, you can read all about the details on my Events page.

Now for today's project. I needed a Father's Day card for my son to give his dad that included a gift card holder (he's getting an Amazon gift card because he's addicted!), so I designed this...

fathers day diy gift card holder

My hubby is a golf shirt kinda guy...definitely NOT a suit-and-tie one, so I had to get a bit creative with the Suit and Tie dies. I have to say, I am pleased with the result! I used some of the Well Suited Designer Paper (he actually has a golf shirt in almost this exact print!) and then cut a small V at the top using the dies. Then I added a collar, buttons, placket and pocket in Smokey Slate. The sentiment is stamped in Basic Grey ink, punched withe the 1-1/2" circle punch and then layered on a Smokey Slate Tailored Tag label. 

diy fathers day gift card holder

The best part is that there is a pocket in behind to hold a gift card...it slides in and out easily. The second-best part is that this is an easel card, so the open card stands on a desk, giving easy access to the gift card like this...

diy fathers day gift card holder

diy fathers day gift card holder

On the inside I added a Stitched Nested Label (SO going to miss those dies when they retire!) and stamped another sentiment from the Handsomely Suited stamp set. The label is popped up with dimensionals to catch the easel and keep it standing. 

I'll be demonstrating this card and two others using this bundle in today's Live @ Five video at 5 pm ET over on my Facebook business page. I hope you'll join me live, but if you miss me you can always catch the replay on my YouTube channel shortly afterwards. As always, I will include all of the measurements for all three projects in the video description.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a safe and healthy week!


Product List

1 comment:

  1. I love these and the other cards you designed. I am a demo. Can I purchase the PDF or the set instead of placing an order?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...