Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Sweet Strawberry Season

 Happy Tuesday! I hope your week has gotten off to a good start. Here in Southern Ontario we are in the midst of a heat wave, which is rather uncommon for this time of year. One major bonus of the heat is that it has brought on strawberry season a couple of weeks early! There is truly nothing like the sweetness of fresh-picked strawberries. When I was a teenager, my very first summer job was at a pick-your-own berry farm and the best perk was unlimited access to all the fresh strawberries I wanted while at work. So yummy!

I have been waiting for strawberry season to share the Sweet Strawberry bundle with all of you. Although it has been in the January-June Mini for months, the punch has been unavailable for a significant portion of that time, so it almost feels like this is a brand new product! Check out this fun card I made using the punch and coordinating stamp set...


handmade card

I am absolutely LOVING this card! The white embossing on black card stock makes the images and sentiment pop! I used some of the new Pattern Party Host-exclusive DSP, both for the background and to stamp and punch my berries and leaves. The background panel is inked in Poppy Parade for a fabulous red buffalo plaid look. The berries are stamped in Poppy Parade on another pattern from the Pattern Party pack and punched using the Strawberry Builder punch. I stamped the leaves and stems in black ink on yet another pattern from the pack, also punching them with the coordinating punch. Here's a closer look...

handmade card

The Basic White panel on the front of the card is embossed using the new Checks and Dots embossing folder. The sentiment label is die-cut using the Potted Succulents dies. I added some white baker's twine and a few rhinestones for a little sparkle.

On the inside of the Poppy Parade card base, I added a Basic White panel on which I stamped a sentiment from the Berry Blessings (retired) Sale-a-bration stamp set as well as an image from the Sweet Strawberry set. 


handmade card

I'll be demonstrating this card and two others using this bundle in today's Live @ Five video over on my Facebook Business page. Pop on over and join me or catch the replay later this evening on my YouTube channel

Thanks so much for stopping by this week. Have a great one and stay cool!


handmade card


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...