Monday, August 8, 2011

Soft and Pretty for 411

Today's card is one that is just so pretty!  I am not much of a girlie girl, but I have to say that now and then I like pretty, girlie things.  I put this card to together for this week's Saturday sketch challenge over at Stamping 411.  Here is the sketch:
...and here is my card (with the sketch turned sideways!)
Soft and pretty card for SSC215 using the Nature's Pace stamp set and Beau Chateau DSP

Isn't this pretty?  I have to say I struggled with this sketch!  I actually started making this card a couple of days ago and just couldn't get it to work.  So I set it aside and came back to it last night and viola...it just fell together!  Sometimes I need to remember to do that more often...I think I would create far fewer ho-hum cards!  I'm not going to take the time tonight to give you step-by-step instructions for this one, but I will give you some tips:
  • The focal image is stamped in brown Staz-on and then  coloured with a blender pen and watercolour crayons.  I also spritzed it and distressed it with the tea stain ink from the distressing kit.
  • The "No. 5" and "for you" are from the Clearly for You set.
  • The white-with-blue floral DSP isn't sponged...it comes  that way!
I think the rest is pretty straightforward.  I have to say I am loving this DSP!  Such pretty images with soft, feminine colours!  I may just see more "girlie" in my future!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...