Thursday, November 15, 2012

More Faux Mother-of-Pearl!

First of all, I need to wish my darling husband a very happy 42nd birthday!! 

He is celebrating today with (we hope!) a nice dinner out at our favourite restaurant.  I'll post the card I made for him later this week.

Yesterday I showed you a simple gift tag that featured the Faux Mother-of-Pearl (FMP) technique.  Today I have a gift card holder to show you!  I did this as one of the make-n-takes at my Tri-City Stampers team meeting this month. 


Vintage-inspired gift card holder featuring the Faux Mother-of-Pearl technique and the Bells and Boughs stamp set.

Open view
Very Vintage-y, huh?  My team members quite liked this one!  I used Cherry Cobbler Core'dinations card stock...I hadn't planned to but was completely out of regular Cherry Cobbler!  I'm kinda glad I was because I like the distressed look.  Once again, it is hard to see the full effect of the FMP...my camera just doesn't do it justice...but the focal image really doesn shimmer and shine quite nicely...honest! 
Now before you email asking for instructions for how to mat the label from the Apothecary Accents Framelits, click the Tutorials tab at the top of this page.  There is a step-by-step photo tutorial there.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...