Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mom's 70th birthday!  I can't believe she's that old...'cuz if she's 70 I must be....well, never mind!  Back to mom...she is as active and vibrant as she ever was and still does all of the things she loves.  Her greatest passion is gardening, and to honour that I decided to give her a flower garden on her birthday card.  Check this out:

Birthday card for my Mom featuring the Memorable Moments and Secret Garden stamp sets.

Flower detail

Inside view with sentiment from You Are Loved.
This card certainly was a labour of love!  It took my upwards of two hours to make, but I am thrilled with the result and I think my mom will be too.  I started by stamping the leaves and various floral images on Whisper White card stock and then coloured them using my aquapainter.  I then die cut the inmages using my new Secret Garden Framelits...so much quicker than fussy cutting them all!!  I did do a bit of fussy cutting so that I could layer some of the flowers to give them dimension.  In case you are wondering, here are the colours I used:  Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Summer Starfruit, Tangerine Tango, Garden Green, Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz (retired).  The sentiment panel on the front uses the Memorable Moments set and is heat embossed in silver and stamped in Rich Razzleberry.  The DSP is from the Twitterpated pack.  The card base uses my very last piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock...sure hope that colour comes back some day!  I hope my mom likes this card...I sure do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...