Monday, July 8, 2013

Sympathy for a Friend

Last week a good friend of mine lost her Mum to Alzheimer's.  Although it was the inevitable conclusion to a horrible disease, it certainly wasn't easy for her to lose a parent.  I made this card for her:


Sympathy card featuring the Flowering Flourishes and Papillon Potpourri stamp sets with sentiment from Best of Greetings
Inside View with sentiment from Blessings From Heaven


I wanted this card to be soft and soothing, so I chose several of the new In-colours to feature.  I used Pistashio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe and Blushing Bride for the flourish.  The butterfly and the sentiment are both heat embossed in pewter.  I layered the front panel on a piece of Smoky Slate, which worked quite well with the embossing.  Rather than punch a label for the sentiment on the front of the card,  I opted to highlight the it by paperpiercing a label shape using my Essentials Paperpiercing Template.  On the inside I oped for the punched label so that I could layer it over top of the stamped image. 
Although this was designed as a sympathy card, a change of colour scheme and sentiment would make a lovely wedding or anniversary card.  Gotta love a versatile design!

2 comments:

  1. Leena, it's truly a beautiful card. Thank-you again. The tiny butterfly embossed on vellum is a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leena, so sorry to hear of your friends' loss, and while a horrible disease, it is always so difficult to lose a parent. This is a beautiful card and design. I am sure she will appreciate the sentiment as well as the love you put into creating it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...