Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Versatile design

Today I have a card whose design I can't take credit for.  There have been a zillion variations on this layout floating around on Pinterest over the past couple of weeks, but I think this particular one most resembles one by Dawn Griffith.  I was pressed for time last week as I was prepping for a mini Stamp-a-Stack and needed a simple Thinking of You card.  I remembered this one and viola:

Thinking of you card featuring the Sweet Essentials and Banner Blast stamp sets.
What I love about this project is how very easy it would be to adapt it for another occasion simply by changing the sentiment.  It could be a birthday, baby or even a Valentine's card!  Gotta love versatility!  The ladies at my SAS loved it.


Here are some quick tips:
  • I used both the Bitty Banners and the Banners Collection framelits to cut the cardstock banners in the background.
  • I used the Adorning Accents TIEF to emboss the hearts.
  • The colour scheme is Crisp Cantaloupe and Pool Party.
  • The twine is from the Sweet Sorbet Accessory pack.  I've almost gone through two full packs of that stuff...love it!!
  • The stamped banners are from the Banner Blast stamp set and are punched with the coordinating Banner punch - both available FREE during Sale-a-bration. 
I left the inside fairly plain, simply stamping a row of banners across the top.


What's not to love about a simply card that works for just about any occasion?? 
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday...we are getting walloped with snow here again!  Will winter ever end?  *sigh*  The good news is that I think I've finally licked this sinus thing...just in time for my Sale-a-bration Open House this weekend...yippee!!

4 comments:

  1. This is a sweet easy card and I like the colors you chose. I'm glad you are on the mend. Sinus is not fun. We, too, are still getting snow. Six inches last night with more to come today. Good days to stamp, but still need to get out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooooooove your card! Where can I find the punch to make the banners? TIA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arianne! The small banners were punched with the Banner punch (item #133519), which will be available starting June 2nd in the new Annual Catalogue. The longer banners were die cut using the Bitty Banners Framelits (item # 129267).

      Delete
  3. A very nice card ... That is why I lifted here https://createdbyemmanuelle.wordpress.com/2014/07/03/birthday-inspiration-de-juin-forum-cs/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...