|Punch Art Minion birthday card featuring the Just Sayin' stamp set.|
- Body: 3rd smallest die from the Window Frames Collection Framelits cut from Daffodil Delight card stock with the left and right "bumps" trimmed off. Sponge edges with Crushed Curry ink.
- Overalls: same die cut as above cut from Midnight Muse Core'dinations card stock. Trim off the bumps as above and also cut in half. Then insert each side into the hexagon punch about 1/8" and punch the "bib" of the overalls.
- Straps: slot punch (retired) If you don't have this punch you could hand-cut small strips
- Pocket: Banner punch reinserted at the points and punched to get the angled bottom
- Patch on pocket: I hand-cut a 1/8" square and added the smallest circle from the Owl Builder punch in Midnight Muse to the centre.
- Sand all pieces of overalls with sanding block and then sponge with Midnight Muse ink
- Legs: pennant punch (non-scalloped triangle) - punch two and overlap.
- Feet: heart from the Owl Builder punch with one of the bumps trimmed off
- Hands: Four-petal flower from the Itty Bitty shapes punch pack, trim one petal off
- Arms: Punch a 3/4" circle from Daffodil Delight, then punch around the resulting hole with the 1-1/4" circle to get a ring. Cut in half and use one half for each arm. Sponge with Crushed Curry ink.
- Strap for goggles: Word Window, trimmed
- Goggles: 3/4" circle in Silver Foil, largest circle from Owl Builder in white, medium circle from Owl Builder in Chocolate Chip, smallest circle from Owl Builder in black
- Hair (in case you like this minion's faux-hawk): ornament from the Merry Minis punch pack, fringed with paper snips.
Here are a couple more shots from the big bash on Saturday:
|The littlest minion: my 18-month-old nephew modeling the party hats I made from toy construction hats, fun foam, black pipe cleaners (for the hair!) and card stock.|
|My big 7-year-old birthday boy minion, blowing out his candles.|