Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Faux Rusted Hammered Metal

Happy Hump Day!  It's all down hill to the weekend from here!  Yippee!

Today I have one of the project for my techniques class next month.  It is a twist on the Faux Rusted Metal technique...

Masculine birthday card featuring the Faux Rusted Metal technique...with a twist!
Did you notice the extra bit of texture on the star?  I added that by running the top layer of card stock through the Big Shot with the Decorative Dots TIEF (which just happens to be on sale this week!!) before applying the ink and embossing powders.  It makes for a hammered-metal effect.  Kinda cool, no?  The rest of this one is pretty straightforward...I used the Dictionary background stamp with Soft Suede ink to stamp the Crumb Cake card base and then sponged it with Crumb Cake ink to grunge it up.  I also added some gold metallic spatters with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.


The sentiment is from the And Many More stamp set and is also stamped in Soft Suede ink.  I added some Burlap ribbon, as well as some Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon and a bit of black striped 1-1/4" grosgrain ribbon from my scraps bin.  Of course a bit of bling was required, so I added some gold sequin trim.


On the insde I stamped the sentiment from the Butterfly Basics stamp set in Soft Suede and added a few more gold metallic splatters and sequins.
Thanks for checking in...have a great day!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...