Thursday, January 22, 2015

Made this just for you!

Happy Thursday....one more day till the weekend!  Yippee!!  Tonight marks the first of three consecutive days of birthday card buffets for me and I thought I'd show you a preview of one of the projects that will be on offer for my guests...

Birthday card featuring the Balloon Bash stamp set and Best Year Ever DSP.
This is a pretty quick and easy card...the toughest part is the fussy cutting of the banner, but more on that later!  I began with a Sahara Sand card base and added a background layer of Best Year Ever Sale-a-bration DSP...yep, you can get it for free!  I added some Coastal Cabana thick baker's twine as a subtle embellishment.  The label is die-cut using the Top Note Bigz die...can you believe that is the very first die I ever bought five years ago??  It seems like such a long time ago now!  I stamped the sentiment from the Ballon Bash set in Soft Suede ink...I love the cheekiness of the #you'rewelcome :)

The banner is stamped in Crushed Curry ink and fussy cut using paper snips.  Not difficult, but, as I said above, the hardest step in this very simple design.  I popped the label up with dimensionals to make it stand out even more.  The only other embellishments on the front of this card are the In-colour sequins that I added for a little bling.

On the inside I stamped another image and sentiment from the Ballon Bash set using Soft Suede ink.  Once again, I stamped a second image in Crushed Curry ink and fussy cut out the solid candles, layering them over the Soft Suede ones.

Before I go I want to share some exciting news with you!  My design for this week's Sunday Stamps challenge was chosen as a top pick over at PPA this week!  A big thank you to the Design Team for the shout out!

PPAPickBadge(1)


Have a thrilling Thursday!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the playfulness of the this card!!! Have a great 3 day event!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! This set is quickly becoming one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...