Friday, February 20, 2015

Colouring 101 - Blended Blossoms

Happy Friday!  I sure hope the weather where you are is warmer than it is here!  We are FREEZING at -30C!!  Brrrr...I can't wait for spring!

Today I have some spring flowers to show you.  Yesterday I showed you a couple of projects I coloured using watercolour...today I have some done with blender pens...

Any-occasion card featuring the Love is Kindness stamp.
This is another one of the projects we'll be making at my upcoming Colouring 101 class.  I stamped the Love is Kindness tulips using black Staz-on ink on watercolour paper.  Then I used my blender pen and Strawberry Slush ink pad to colour the blooms on the tulips.  For the leaves I used Wild Wasabi and Old Olive.  I added a hint of Sahara Sand to the newspaper wrapping around the tulips.  I die-cut the label using the Deco Labels framelits. 

The background DSP is from the Subtles Backgrounds DSP stack.  I added a bit of Linen Thread by way of embellishment.  The sentiment is stamped in Wild Wasabi ink, punched with the 1-1/4" circle punch and then matted on a 1-3/8" circle punched from Strawberry Slush card stock.  I used a Strawberry Slush card base.

Here is another sample I did using the Blended Bloom stamp.  I kept the same colour scheme as the watercoloured card I showed you yesterday so that it would be easy to compare the two colouring media.

Thank you card featuring the Blended Bloom and Simply Sketched (retired) stamp sets.

For this one I used Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight inks with my blender pen.  Once again I stamped the image in black Staz-on, which is necessary so as not to run the ink with the blender pen.  The sentiment is stamped in Crumb Cake ink, punched with the Large Oval punch and matted on a scallop oval in Calypso Coral.


Be sure to stop by on Monday when I'll feature projects coloured with Blendabilities, as my Colouring 101 series wraps up!  Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...