Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Faux Rusted Metal Butterfly

Happy Hump Day...we're halfway to the weekend!  Woohoo!

Today I have one of the projects I did with my techniques group last month.  We were focusing on faux
metal last month...this one uses the Faux Rusted Metal technique...

Birthday card featuring the Butterfly Basics stamp set and the Faux Rusted Metal technique
For this faux rusted metal butterfly I switched it up a little bit.  Before layering the die-cut butterflies, I heat embossed the corresponding butterfly image from the Butterfly Basics stamp set in white and die-cut it out using the Butterflies Thinlits.  I glued that on the top of my stack of die-cuts.  You can see a hint of the lacy-patterned image in this close-up:

I love the extra texture that added step gives to the finished piece.  For more information on how to do the Faux Rusted Metal Technique click HERE.  To create the background piece for my butterfly, I began by stamping the fern image using Old Olive ink.  I added the script text from the By The Tide stamp set using Crumb Cake ink, stamping off before stamping on my card stock.  Then I stamped the honeycomb image using gold metallic ink.  I also sponged the edges of the Very Vanilla panel lightly with Crumb Cake ink.  The background Blushing Bride panel is embossed using the Pretty Print (retired) TIEF.  The sentiment is heat embossed in gold and die cut using the Apothecary Accents Framelits.  I added some gold baker's twine, gold sequins and a rosette from the Artisan Embellishment Kit.  I used a Baked Brown Sugar card base.

On the inside I stamped the fern, the script and the honeycomb in the same manner I did on the front of the card.  The little butterfly is stamped in Blushing Bride ink and the sentiment is is Baked Brown Sugar ink.

Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Truly beautiful card Leena! Your techniques group must be in heaven creating these lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...