Thursday, August 4, 2016

Thoughtful Branches for fall

Have your ordered your Thoughtful Branches bundle yet? Still need more convincing just how fabulous it is? Check out today's project...


If you've followed my blog for a while, you likely know that I LOVE fall. Not so much the back-to-school-back-to-craziness part, but rather the crisp weather and gorgeous colourful show that nature puts on every year. That's a big part of the reason I got married in October...so many beautiful colours to choose from. This card embodies what I love about the fall. A tree lush with colour! To get the multi-coloured leaves I simply inked my stamp with Crushed Curry and then added Pumpkin Pie and Cherry Cobbler using a sponge dauber. I love the way to colours blend. Once stamped, I die-cut the leaves with the Beautiful Branches Thinlits...so easy! The trunk is stamped in Soft Suede ink and also die-cut.

The card base is Soft Suede card stock on which I stamped one of the leaf images from the Thoughtful Branches set using Soft Suede ink. The background panel is a piece of Crushed Curry card stock that I embossed using the Petal Burst TIEF and then lightly sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink. The sentiment, also from the Thoughtful Branches set, is stamped in Soft Suede on a 1" wide strip of Whisper White card stock and then punched with the Triple Banner punch. The only embellishements on this card are a bit of Linen Thread and a little Into The Woods Accent, which are retired but still available on the Clearance Rack.

On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped another of the sentiments from the stamp set in Soft Suede ink and some more leaves in Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Cherry Cobbler inks.

This project is one that we'll be making at my class next week. If you're in the area and haven't yet registered there's still time! Click the Upcoming Classes and Events tab above for details.

Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...