Monday, August 12, 2019

Hoot, Hoot, Hooray!

It's Monday...again! They just keep coming around, don't they? I just have three more Mondays till I am back to school...not quite ready for that yet!
This week I am featuring a new stamp set that is easily missed because it isn't in the Annual Catalogue. Did you know Stampin' Up! also has a beginner brochure designed with newer stampers in mind? It's called Experience Creativity and, although it is targeted at beginners, there are some FANTASTIC products in there that are perfect for any level of crafter. This week's featured product is a adorable stamp set called Hoot, Hoot, Hooray...

Hoot, Hoot Hooray stamp set (Item #149352)
Now, aren't those images absolutely the cutest?? I had such fun designing projects with this set! So much so, that not only am I featuring in this week's Tuesday Live @ Five video, but also in my monthly Girls' Night Out Class at the end of the month. Here are the projects we'll be making on August 29th...


If you're local to Cambridge, I hope you'll join us!

Here is today's featured project and one I will be demonstrating in this week's Live @ Five video...


Isn't that little owl just the sweetest?? I absolutely adore him! I used Smokey Slate Stampin' Blends to colour his body, Light So Saffron for his eyes and Dark Daffodil Delight for his beak. The stars are coloured using shades in the DSP: Dark Old Olive, Dark Daffodil Delight and Dark Calypso Coral. One thing I should mention is that with ALL of the stamps in this set, I performed minor surgery and separated the sentiments from the images, making them all more versatile. I do this with just about every stamp I buy that includes and image and sentiment on the same stamp. It's super-easy to do with a good pair of scissors and, if you decide you want to use both the image and sentiment together, it is easy to mount them together on one block again.


Both patterns of DSP I used are from the Bird Ballad DSP pack. How perfect are those little birdie footprints on the yellow background panel?? The label for the image is die-cut using the Stitched Nested Labels dies...I am utterly addicted to those!

I added a little silver Mini Library Clip and a bit of white baker's twine by way of embellishment.


On the inside I stamped some more stars, colouring them with my Stampin' Blends as I did on the front.

This little owl is just too cute and as I made this card my mind was racing with ideas for other projects using him. Be sure to stop by on Thursday for our monthly Stamping Symphony blog hop when I'll be showcasing another card I made using the owl image. In the meantime, I hope you'll tune in tomorrow on my Facebook page for my weekly episode of stamping TV. I'll be Live @ Five pm ET, but if you miss me you can catch the replay on my YouTube channel later in the week or on the Video Tutorials tab above.

Thanks for stopping by...I hope you have a fantastic week!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...