Monday, August 19, 2019

Heirloom Frames and Holiday Catalogue Sneak Peeks!

Happy Monday! Just two more left till school starts...argh! So much to do and so little time! I need to spend the next two weeks buried in my studio to get ready for all of my fall events.
Speaking of fall, I am absolutely LOVING the gorgeous fall-themed products in the new Holiday Catalogue! So much so, that I decided to combine this week's featured product with some awesome sneak peeks from the upcoming catalogue! I am featuring the Woven Threads Suite and love how easily the products from this suite can be used for seasonal projects. Here are the items in the suite...

Woven Threads Suite (Item #152184)

For today's project share I combined products from this suite with the Gather Together bundle from the Holiday Catalogue for a fall-themed sympathy card...


I love this Terracotta Tile linen-look DSP pattern for fall! I used it for my background and then stamped the sentiment directly on it in Early Espresso ink. The frame is die-cut from Early Espresso card stock, embossed with the coordinating embossing folder and them distressed using the new Golden Glitz Delicata metallic ink. I love the way the gold ink accents the beautiful embossed pattern on the frame.


I adhered the frame to the background panel, centring it around the stamped sentiment, using dimensionals. I created an arrangement of leaves and twigs using the Gathered Leaves dies, which BOTH cut and emboss in one pass through the machine. LOVE that!! One tip that I have discovered is that if you lightly mist or brush your card stock with an Aqua Painter before die-cutting, you get a much deeper impression on the leaves. The little twigs and sprigs were die-cut using the new All Around Wreath dies...I am loving these little accents for more than just wreath-building!


See those little tufts peeking out from behind the leaves? Those are tassels created from the Woven Threads Trim! It's super-easy to do by simply removing the bottom thread on the trim...quick and easy tassel embellishments! The final touch was a little double bow tied with some Cajun Craze twine from the Come To Gather ribbon combo pack.


On the inside, I added a Very Vanilla panel on which I stamped a beautiful sentiment from the Woven Heirlooms stamp set in Early Espresso ink, as well as some flourishes in Pretty Peacock.

Sympathy cards are never fun to make, but using beautiful products like these makes it much easier.

I will be featuring this card and two others in tomorrow's Live @ Five video over on my Facebook business page. I hope you'll join me then, but if you miss it, you can check out the replay later in the week on my YouTube channel or on the Video Tutorials tab above.

Before I go, just a reminder that my Holiday Catalogue Product Shares are now open for ordering. You can reserve your Designer Series Paper and Ribbon Shares by clicking the appropriate images below. Deadline to order shares is September 2nd. Shares are available to Canadian residents only.





Thanks for stopping by today...have a spectacular week!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...