Monday, September 2, 2019

Back to School and Harvest Hellos

Happy Labour Day Monday! Can you believe the summer is over?? I honestly don't know how that is possible! It simply flew by!! Now here I sit, on the brink of a new school year and all that it entails. While I am excited to see my students again, I am going to miss the slower pace of life in the summer months bring.
The good news about summer's end is that it brings the brand-new Holiday Catalogue! This utterly awesome new book goes live on September 4th and I couldn't be more excited. I have so many fabulous projects planned to showcase over the coming months and I'm getting a bit of a head start today as I feature the Harvest Hellos Bundle all week long. Check it out:


Here is a fun back-to-school card I made using this adorable bundle...


Now, I may be biased, but I think every teacher deserves a welcome back card! My son is starting grade 7 this year and his teacher will be receiving this card along with a Tim Horton's gift card on the first day. I know first-hand how much work goes into preparing for the students' return and how hard those early mornings are for the first couple of weeks! I went for a chalkboard-look background, using my Embossing Buddy and Whisper White Craft in to achieve the smudgy look I wanted. I stamped the sentiment in the same ink as well.


The apples are stamped in black ink on Brights Designer Paper. I used Poppy Parade, Granny Apple Green and Daffodil Delight. I punched the stamped images using the Apple Builder punch. The stems are punched from Early Espresso card stock and the leaves are punched from Pear Pizzazz. I added a touch of Wink of Stella to the highlights on the stamped images for just a hint of shimmer. As this is going to a male teacher, I kept the embellishments to a minimum, opting for just a little bow tied from 1/8" Braided Linen trim.


On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped another sentiment from the Harvest Hellos stamp set and added another punched apple.

I will be demonstrating this card in this week's Tuesday Live @ Five video over on my Facebook page tomorrow. I hope you'll join me live, but if you miss it you can catch the replay on my YouTube channel or on the Video Tutorials tab above later in the week.

If you still need more cute projects made with this bundle, be sure to stop by on Wednesday for an exciting new online class. I am in love with the projects in this class...I can't wait to show you!

Thanks for stopping by today...have a great week!


Product List

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...