Monday, September 9, 2019

Gather Together

Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was crazy-busy...much like my week was last week. I don't know whose idea it was to launch the new Holiday Catalogue on the second day of the school year, but it sure made for a hectic few days! I am looking forward to a slightly quieter week this week ;)

With school well underway, it certainly feels like summer is over and fall is here. The leaves are starting to change here in Southern Ontario and the air is definitely cooler. This week's featured product is sure to put you in the mood for sweater weather! I am featuring the Come to Gather Suite from the new Holiday Catalogue...


I am absolutely smitten with this suite of gorgeous products! The Designer Paper is simply stunning and those leaf dies...positively perfect! Here is a project I put together using several products from this suite...


I drew my colour scheme from the beautiful DSP, using Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron, Pear Pizzazz and some Champagne Foil for added shine. The pumpkins are stamped in Pear Pizzazz and then coloured using the light Mint Macaron Blends. The marker blurred the stamped images a little, which I quite like the look of. I used the Stitched Nested Labels dies to die-but the sentiment label, stamping the sentiment from the Gather Together stamp set in Crumb Cake ink. I also added a few wheat sheaves, stamped off in Crumb Cake peeking out from behind the die-cut leaves.


Speaking of the leaves, I used the Gathered Leaves dies and discovered that the embossed pattern is much more pronounced when one first spritzes the card stock with water before running through the machine. These leaves were cut without spritzing first...a mistake I won't make again!
The beautiful lacy edge on my Crumb Cake panel was die-cut using the Delicate Lace dies.


On the inside of the card I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped a sentiment from the Gather Together stamp set in Crumb Cake ink and a wheat sheaf in Mint Macaron, stamped off once.

I'll be demonstrating this card in this week's episode of Tuesday Live @ Five. All of the measurements and cutting dimensions will be included in the video description. I hope you'll join me live, but if you can't you'll be able to catch the replay on my Facebook Business page or on my YouTube Channel.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a fantastic week!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...