Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Hydrangea Hill and a new Online Class

 Happy first Tuesday of Spring! I hope the weather where you are is as gorgeous as it has been here since spring's arrival on the weekend. The sunshine and mild temperatures feel SO good!

Spring's arrival means my favourite flowers are in abundance. Check out this gorgeous hydrangea I picked up on the weekend...


No filter required for those beautiful blooms!

It seems only fitting that this is the week I chose to feature the stunning Hydrangea H from the January-June Mini Catalogue. I have been SO looking forward to playing with this one!


Check out this pretty fun-fold card I made:

arrow fold card

Can you believe that until recently I had never made an arrow fold card before? I just thought it would be too fussy for my liking...but imagine my surprise when I realized it is actually SO easy! No special cuts and just a few extra score lines! The result is such a WOW, don't you think?

I used Highland Heather card stock for my base and a single piece of Hydrangea Hill Designer Paper for my background layers. The best part of doing it this way is that you get to showcase both sides of our beautiful DSP! I also used DSP to die-cut my flowers and leaves, which gives such beautiful variation in colour and texture. The label is stamped in Highland Heather ink (stamped off once) and Mossy Meadow. I added a sweet little scalloped border around the triangle using some Purple Posy Scalloped Ribbon...I love that soft little touch!

Arrow fold card

I went with gold accents to embellish, using some Forever Greenery gold cord and some little gold metallic pearls. 

I'll be demonstrating this card, including all of the scoring to create this unique fold, in today's Live @ Five video over on my Facebook business page. If you miss me live or are not on Facebook, you can catch the replay shortly afterwards on my YouTube channel.

Now if you love this suite as much as I do and you want MORE, check out our latest Cross-Border Crafters Online Class. Click the image below for all of the details...


Thanks so much for stopping by today...have a super first week of spring!

arrow fold card




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...