Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Springtime Joy

 Happy Tuesday! Is it warming up where you live? This week marks the first time in months that the temperature will hit double digits. Spring is most definitely in the air and I have a touch of spring fever! I pulled out the adorable Springtime Joy stamp set and had such fun playing with soft pastel shades to design pretty spring-inspired projects like this one...

easter card

 Isn't that little lamb just the sweetest?? I stamped him in Basic Grey ink and coloured him using Light Grey Granite, Light Purple Posy and Light Soft Sea Foam. I also gave him a little blush on his cheeks and nose with a touch of Light Petal Pink. I used the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes dies to die-cut him out and then nestled that on two die-cut wreaths in Soft Sea Foam card stock. I added some punched flowers in Purple Posy and Basic White with silver metallic pearl centres. Here's a closer look...

 
I used Purple Posy card stock for the background layer and embossed it using the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder. The sentiment is from the Springtime Joy stamp set and is stamped in Basic Grey ink on a label die-cut using the Messages die. I added some polka dot tulle ribbon for softness and texture (and because it's pretty!).
 
On the inside of the card I stamped another sentiment from the Springtime Joy set and a little butterfly, both in Basic Grey ink. I coloured the butterfly using the Purple Posy Blends. Just a note when colouring on the inside of your card with blends...be sure to add a layer, so that the colour doesn't bleed through to the back of your card.
 

 
I demonstrated this card and two others using the Springtime Joy stamp set in the video below...check it out!


 

Thanks so much for stopping by this week. Have a great day!
 
easter card


Product List
Messages Die
[154422]
$46.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...