Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Nature's Harvest

 Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a good start. Here in southern Ontario we are having a heat wave with the hottest temperatures of the summer so far. The heat and humidity are forcing me to stay indoors and in my craft room, which means lots of new projects for upcoming videos and classes. 

This week I've chosen the perfect late-summer suite to focus on...Harvest Meadow. The cone flower image in the stamp set and dies are exactly what I'm seeing in my garden right now. There is one image in the stamp set that is a bit of a puzzler...



I've had several people ask me about what to do with it, so I thought I'd have a play and see what I could come up with. Check out this lovely sunset background I created with it...

natures harvest

I absolutely LOVE playing with texture stamps like this one! Laying colour and adding depth just makes me feel like an artist! I used Bumblebee, Calypso Coral and Cherry Cobbler inks, working from light to dark to create my background. Then I added some repeatedly stamped Thank You's in Early Espresso. SO simple, but such a vibrant background for my die-cut wheat silhouette!

natures harvest

Now, let's just take a moment to admire the amazing new Cork Specialty paper...it is FANTASTIC! I'll admit, at first I was skeptical about having thick cork on my projects, but this stuff is THIN! The cork is sliced razor-thin and adhered to a kraft coloured backing paper, which is light-weight and easy to die-cut. AND IT'S STAMPABLE!  I used Early Espresso ink to stamp my sentiment onto a die-cut stitched rectangle. So easy! Now it does take a bit longer for the ink to dry than stamping on regular card stock, so you'll want to give it time or use your heat tool to speed it along. I am SO in love with this paper...I am praying it sticks around after this mini is done!

I'll be demonstrating this card and two others using products from the Harvest Meadow suite in today's Facebook Live @ Five. Join me on my business page at 5 pm ET or catch the replay on my YouTube channel shortly afterwards. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to come back on Sunday for our monthly Stamping Symphony team blog hop. This month we are all about Sale-a-bration, so get ready for lots of fun ideas using Sale-a-bration freebies! Have a great week :)

natures harvest


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...