Friday, October 15, 2021

Peaceful Deer and a Blog Hop

 Happy Friday! TGIF! I never used to be one to look forward to the weekend...I really love my teaching job, but the past two years of pandemic teaching has worn this ol' gal out! I am SO ready for some downtime this weekend.

Today is the 15th of the month, which means it is time for our monthly Stamping Symphony Blog Hop. Our theme this month is Celebrations, check out my entry...

masculine card

I wanted to show just how versatile the Peaceful Deer stamp set is...it's not just for Christmas! I made this masculine card to celebrate a birthday or other occasion. I stamped and fussy-cut the deer after colouring it using the Soft Suede Stampin' Blends. Not wanting to fussy-cut the antlers, I stamped them on the white circle in the background (I was going for the looking of a rising full moon) and then strategically placed my deer so that the stamped antlers were positioned correctly. 

My background panel is a piece of Kraft card stock, embossing using the Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing folder. I added a hint of Mossy Meadow ink to the raised image using a blending brush. 

masculine card

The row of trees is punched from Mossy Meadow card stock using the Evergreen Border punch. I used a strip of Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper to ground my design...I love the variations in colour...it looks like shadows from the trees and deer! The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso card stock using one of the stamps from the Peaceful Deer set. 


masculine card

On the inside of the Early Espresso card base I added a Basic White panel on which I stamped some of the tree images from the stamp set in Mossy Meadow ink. I omitted a sentiment so that I could use this card for any occasion and add an appropriate sentiment later. 

masculine card

I am having so much fun with this fantastic stamp set! Be sure to check me out on Instagram and Facebook to see more with this set. For a complete how-to on this card and two others, check out my Facebook Live replay below:




Thanks so much for popping in today. Hop on over to Sandy's blog to see what awesome she has in store!

Leena – A La Cards  - You are here!

Sandy – Lolly & Sand

Barb – JustBStamping

Jen – StampingJen

Leigh – SimpLeigh Stamping

Laurel – Laurel Davis Crafted




Product List

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...