Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Peaceful Deer

 Happy Tuesday...did you miss me last week? I was so completely swamped at work after being off the week before for my hubby's surgery I barely had time for sleep, let alone blogging. Thankfully, we had a long weekend here this weekend (our Canadian Thanksgiving), which allowed me to get caught up a little. Whew...missing a week in a modified semester schedule is nutso!

Anyhow, enough about me! This week I am all about the Peaceful Deer stamp set. This set also has a coordinating punch, but it is currently unavailable, so I focused entirely on the fabulous stamp set and fussy-cut my images...piece of cake! Check out this pretty, super-quick Christmas card...

quick christmas card

What makes this card so quick is the gorgeous Peaceful Place Designer Paper I used for my background. I just cut a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece, adhered it to a Basic White Thick card base and that's it! So easy to make beautiful backgrounds with paper this awesome! 

I stamped my deer in Memento Tuxedo black ink and then coloured them with Light Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends, adding a hint of Light Petal Pink to the ears. I fussy-cut both deer images and popped them up on my card front. The only addition is a sentiment from the Peaceful Deer stamp set, stamped in black and layered on a die-cut silver foil circle, cut using the Tasteful Labels dies. Here's a closer look...

quick christmas card

I did add a wee bit of definition to the "snow" using one of the stamps in the set so that my deer weren't floating. It's amazing how that little touch grounds the images so much better. 

If you'd like to learn more about this project and see other cards using this set be sure to join me this afternoon at 5 pm ET for my weekly Facebook Live. If you miss me live, you can catch the replay shortly afterwards on my YouTube channel. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today...have a spectacular week and be sure to come back on Friday for our monthly Stamping Symphony Blog Hop.

quick christmas card


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...