Today I prepped for this week's class and got two of my final three assignments for my course done...what a relief that was! Just one more to go...I'll be SO glad when I'm finished...it will mean more time for stamping and more attention for my business. I also managed to do a little stamping. I made this card for both the A La Card Monkey and the Paper Players challenges. The Paper Players is a colour challenge this week, using the colours wild wasabi, melon mambo and daffodil delight. I decided to use those colours with the Monkey sketch shown below...
So here is my two-for-one card:
|Card for PP#51 and Monkey #60 (turned upside down!) using the Fabulous Florets stamp set from the Summer Mini...and the NEW IB&C!!|
|Close-up of the watercoloured flowers.|
Starting with a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Beyond the Garden DSP, I stamped the stem image twice using Versamark ink and then heat embossed them using wild wasabi embossing powder. I matted that on a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of melon mambo cardstock. Setting that aside, I stamped the larger flower once and the smaller one three times, using Versamark ink, on a scrap piece of whisper white cardstock. (Normally I would using watercolour paper, but I am out and am waiting to order the new, larger-sized pieces in the up-coming catty!) I then heat embossed them using melon mambo embossing powder. Next came the fun part! Using my aquapainter, I coloured the flowers using daffodil delight and melon mambo ink. I then fussy cut each flower out, arranged them on the stems and adhered them using Tombow liquid glue for some and dimensionals for others to give some depth. On another scrap of whisper white cardstock I stamped the sentiment in wild wasabi ink. I trimmed the cardstock into a banner, sponged the edges in melon mambo ink, and adhered it to the cardfront. I added a brad and then adhered the whole cardfront to a wild wasabi cardbase. That's it...pretty simple to put together, but quite pretty, I think!