Friday, June 24, 2011

A promise kept...

Last night I was just too tired to stamp anything to post.  Tonight I was too busy!  I just finished my Hostess Appreciation event and it was a blast!  My hostesses from the past year got spoiled silly and we had lots of fun, games and, of course, stamping!  Now don't click away mad...I do have a card for you!  It is the card I designed for my guest design gig over at A La Card Monkey.  The theme and sketch were a little tough, given that I am Canadian.  Have a look and see what I mean:
Interestingly, the challenge at the Pals Paper Arts this week is to use stars as a design element.  So, I don't have much in the way of patriotic American stamps, but I do have lots of red, white, and blue ink and cardstock and I have stars....so here is what I came up with:

"Patriotic" Red, White, and Blue card for Monkey62 and PPA99 using Grunge Rock and Extreme Elements stamp sets

Close up of focal image

Inside of card

I really love working with these two stamp sets.  They are so easy to layer and have fun with and, let's face it, they're cool!  I also got to use my spritzer tool on this card, which ALWAYS makes me happy!  The sentiment is from a retired Level 2 hostess set called Something to Celebrate and was just perfect for this card.  In the end, what started out as a major challenge ended up as something I really like!  Thanks so much to the ladies over at A La Card Monkey for giving me another guest designer experience...always such fun!

4 comments:

  1. Uhooi,,
    This card is a very creative, nice and interesting,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. Being Australian I thought, oh oh when I first saw this sketch as well. I was also thinking of using grunge rock, it suits the colours well....let's see what I come up with??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Leena!

    Your card is terrific. I love the guitar and stars and other elements. Thanks for being a guest designer for A La Card Monkey this week! I'm following you now, and hope you'll do the same for me.

    Thanks,

    Terry
    http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the card Leena, ah 40 well Birthday Wishes to you. I wish I could say I was that age again but alas I can't and besides I don't think I'd want to as I would have the health issues I had in the 40's to deal with all over again. So I think i will stick to where I'm at. Anyway I know what you mean about it being a difficult challenge. so I will see if I can try something myself using the colors, even though I'm Canadian too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...