Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Acrylic Distress for Mom

This month's issue of Stampin' Success, our demonstrator magazine, featured an article on the Acrylic Distress technique.  This is one that  I have often thought "Oh, I should try that" and then never actually did.  Well, that changed last week when I decided to do the technique with one of my monthly groups.  Check out the card we made...

Soft and pretty Mother's Day card featuring the Acrylic Distress technique and the Mixed Bunch stamp set.  Sentiment is from the Family Reunion set.

Pretty, eh?  I love how soft the colours are on this card...a huge change from all the brights I've been using with all the Summer Smooches products of late!  I especially love this technique!  So easy to do!!  Simply paint a piece of card stock with acrylic paint.  I used some white that I had bought at our local dollar store and then tinted it using my baja breeze reinker.  Allow the paint to dry completely and then run the card stock through the Big Shot with an embossing folder.  Using a sanding block, sand the paint off the raised pattern, revealing the original cardstock colour beneath.  For this card I used crumb cake card stock, which shows through the blue where I sanded off the paint.  So cool and such a neat look.  I foresee more of this technique in my future!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...