Wednesday, August 26, 2015

CASE'ing myself

We're still away enjoying some family fun at Great Wolf Lodge, but while we're gone I thought I'd share a project I did where I CASE'd my own design.  Check it out:

Fall-themed Thinking of You card featuring the Happy Scenes stamp set.
Now, you may recall a video I did a couple of weeks ago on the Emerging Colours Technique where I die-cut a leaf window.  I liked that idea so much I used it again! Here, I die-cut the leaf using the Leaflets Framelits from a piece of Kraft card stock.  I then embossed the panel using the Woodland TIEF.

The image in the window is stamped using the new Basic Black Archival ink and coloured using Stampin' Write Markers, sponging the sky with a dauber and Soft Sky ink.  I layered the panel on a mat of Pumpkin Pie card stock and then adhered it to a Kraft card base.  I added a scrap of Burlap trim and some gold metallic thread, as well as one of the Into the Woods Elements...I love that cute li'l acorn!  The sentiment is stamped in Basic Black and punched with the Washi Label punch.

On the inside I stamped the fall scene image again and coloured it as I did on the front.

Thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget, the Holiday Catalogue goes live on September 1st...if you don't yet have your own hard copy of the catalogue and you are in Canada, drop me a line and I'll pop one in the mail to you right away.

Here are the products I used to create this project...clicking any one of them will take you directly to my online store for easy ordering. In addition to these, I'm also listing the new Holiday Catty products and where to find them:

Into the Woods Elements (139636) pg. 43
Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (139673) pg. 39
Basic Black Archival Stampin' Pad (140931) pg. 19


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. Great card...love the cut out leaf and doesn't that burlap ribbon come in handy on so many different projects. Have fun on vaca! Peace, Dawn (in Maine)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dawn! We had a blast on vacation...sadly all good things must come to an end and now we're back to reality!

      Delete
    2. Enjoy your back to school preparations. Love your blog! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...