Friday, August 14, 2015

Happy Friday!

We made it to the weekend...yippee!!  I hope you've had a good week.  Mine has been very productive...I recorded three more tutorial videos AND managed to go through all of my son's outgrown clothes and sort and donate SIX garbage bags full.  I also tackled his playroom and took TEN Stampin' Up! boxes full of long-forgotten toys to the donation centre!  Man, that kid has a TON of toys! I feel sooo much better for having gotten that massive task out of the way and Max is happier with a playroom that is organized and filled with toys he will actually play with. As a reward, I am spending today in my studio playing with new Holiday Catalogue goodies that arrived this week.  I'll have LOTS to share with you soon :)

Today, I have a cute and simple little project that we did as one of the Make-n-takes at my team meeting earlier this week.  It is inspired by a project demonstrated on the MainStage at convention:

Thank you card featuring the Acorny Thank You stamp set and Into the Woods Designer Series Paper, available September 1st in the 2015 Holiday Catalogue
Sometimes one just needs a quick and easy card and this project is both!  The little acorn image is from the new Acorny Thank You set, which comes in a discounted bundle with a new Acorn Builder punch...it is beyond adorable!  The sentiment is also from the same stamp set and conveniently fits one of the dies in the Bitty Banners Framelits.

That pretty floral image behind the acorn is actually from the Into the Woods DSP pack.  You are going to LOVE this paper!  All of the images are based on hand-painted designs done by the talented artists at Stampin' Up!.  The sheet from which I punched this particular piece features several different-sized bouquets of flowers spaced far enough apart that they are easily punched using various-sized circle punches.  For this particular project I used the 2-1/2" circle punch and then layered the punched circle on a Rich Razzleberry card stock circle I die cut using the Circles Collection Framelits. The background panel is a piece of Kraft card stock embossed using the Woodgrain TIEF and it is layered on a Rich Razzleberry card base.  The little leaf embellishment is one of the new Into the Woods Elements and is just too cute!  I added a little gold baker's twine bow to finish it off.


On the inside I stamped one more little acorn and another sentiment from the Acorny Thank You set. In case you are working on your wishlist, here are the new, soon-to-be-available products I used on this card, as well as the page number on which you can find them in the Holiday Catalogue:

Acorny Thank You Stamp Set (139718) pg. 45
Acorn Builder Punch (139681) pg.45
Into the Woods Designer Series Paper (139586) pg. 43
Into the Wood Elements (139636) pg. 43

Here are the other items I used...clicking on any one of them will take you right to my webstore for easy ordering :)  Have a fabulous weekend!  I am heading up to enjoy a few days at the lake with my parents, but I'll post some more sneak peek projects for you to enjoy while I'm gone ;)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...