Monday, August 17, 2015

Fall in the Air?

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a fabulous weekend :)  We are in the midst of a heat wave here...very hot and humid.  I'm so glad I get to spend this week by the lake at my parents' house.  Can't think of any better place to be in this weather :)
Today I have a decidedly Fallish card for you, along with a new how-to video.  Check it out:

Fall-themed Thank You card featuring the Vintage Leaves and Gorgeous Grunge stamp sets and using the Stampin' Mist Ghosting technique.
I have to admit, Fall is my very favourite season.  I love the rich colours and cool crisp air.  Here I've tried to capture some of the vibrance of the autumn leaves by using a colour pallette of Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso, along with touches of gold.

The maple leaf image is from the Vintage Leaves stamp set.  I also used one of the spatter images from Gorgeous Grunge and a sentiment from Endless Thanks.

On the inside I used the same maple leaf stamp with Early Espresso ink on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock:



The complete how-to is in the video below:


Here is a complete list of the supplies I used to create this project. Clicking on any one of the products below will take you directly to my online store for easy ordering:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. This is a WOW card. I love the technique and it is so easy and gives such fantastic results. I will case this and share it for sure. Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found the video helpful. It really is an easy technique and such a great result. And much easier on the nose than bleach LOL

      Delete
  2. I've seen a ghosting technique done by stamping the image in Whisper White and then stamping over the top with the colored ink. I like this ghosting version better. I totally didn't expect the background to be sponged - it looks so much more complex! Sponging over it with the Crushed Curry really tied it all together. Awesome card! (P.S. I agree about Gorgeous Grunge!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...