Monday, September 28, 2015

Faux Metal Vintage Ornament

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a fantastic weekend!  Mine was busy, but we actually squeezed in some quality family time, which has been rare since school started.
Today I have a project AND a new tutorial video for you!  It has been far too long since I last published a video and I'm excited to share this project with you.  First, here's a look at the card:

Christmas card featuring the Delicate Ornaments and Christmas Greetings Thinlits
Can you believe there is *gasp* NO stamping on this card???  It is all about the die cuts.  I love the vintage metal look of the ornament paired with the modern colour scheme of Tip Top Taupe and gold.

I used the Softly Falling TIEF to emboss the card base. The background strip behind the ornament is Winter Wonderland Designer Vellum...soooo pretty!


So, without further ado, here is my tutorial video on how to create this look.  I hope you enjoy it!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Very clever technique to make the faux metal ornament. I will certainly try this on various projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill. I hope you will try this technique...it is great fun!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...