Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you are feeling loved today.  We are keeping it pretty low-key around here.  Max had his pre-school Valentine's party and had a blast!  He came home with lots of loot, so he was happy.  My darling hubby surprised me with beautiful roses when I got home from work this afternoon.  I know there are many out there that think Valentine's Day is over-rated and all about the commercial hype, but I have to say it is the ONLY day of the year I get flowers, so I'm loving it!  So, to wish you all a happy heart day, here is my LAST Valentine's project of the year...
Valentine's card featuring the Take it to Heart and Outlined Occasions stamp sets.

Inside view with sentiment from the P.S. I Love You set
This card is loosely based on a Mojo Monday sketch from a week or two ago.  It was inspired by a card I saw on our demonstrator forum.  It really was simple to put together, despite all the layers.  I enjoyed playing with different patterns and textures to create interest...and I FINALLY got to use my new Hearts Framelits!  Too bad my need for die-cut hearts will be considerably less now that Valentine's day is behind us!  Ah well, there's always next year!
I hope you've had a great day...I can't wait to show you some of the other projects I've been working on!  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...