Friday, February 17, 2012

R is for Retire

...boy do I wish that applied to me!  Sadly I still have another 14 years to go before I can enjoy the freedom retirement brings.  Lucky for a colleague of mine, freedom is her reality.  She recently retired after more than 30 years at our school.  She is an institution there and her absence is already being felt!  It is only fitting that I create a special card to honour someone who has done so much to enrich the life of the countless students who have walked the halls of our high school.  This is the card I designed for her...
Retirement card featuring the Broadsheet and Occasions Alphabet stamp sets .

Inside detail with stamped images from the Vintage Vogue stamp set
I have to say I quite like this colour combo.  I took it from the Attic Boutique DSP:  pool party, daffodil delight and soft suede.  It is hard to tell in the photo, but I heat embossed the R using a long-retired embossing powder called Gold Glory.  I sure wish SU would bring that one back...it works perfectly with soft suede for an aged, vintage look.  I created the 3D flowers by punching them out with my boho blossoms punch and then burnishing them with my stylus on the foam mat from my mat pack.  They curl right up, making them easy to layer for pretty three dimensional flowers.  This card took a while to put together but was worth the effort.  I know my colleague appreciated the details I added and it was fun creating a fussy card after all the CAS ones I've been doing lately! 
This is the Family Day long weekend here in Ontario and I am SO excited to have nothing planned at all.  I have an intro to My Digital Studio class tonight and then I have the whole weekend to stamp and spend with my family.  I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...