Wednesday, February 8, 2012

X-O-Lent Treats

Today's post is a Valentine's treat holder I designed for my monthly techniques group that meets tomorrow night.  It uses the bleaching technique...have a look:
Valentine's treat holder featuring the P.S. I Love You stamp set

Top view
Now that I've told you this uses the bleaching technique, I realize that you can't see much of the bleaching in this photo!  You can make out parts of a two bleached hearts along the left side of the label.  To create this project I stamped two different heart images using bleach instead of ink on real red cardstock and then heat set it with my heat tool.  I then stamped the circle of hearts and another line-art heart using real red and cherry cobbler ink respectively.  The result is  a collage effect that gives interest to the plain cardstock.  To add further interest, I ran the whole die cut through my crimper after I stamped it but before I folded the score lines.  I then assembled the box and added the die cut labels and little red bow.  I filled a small cello bag (item 103104) with red and white jelly beans, tied off the top with some baker's twine and added a little tag.  This little bundle of treats will find its way to someone special next Tuesday.  As my son says...only 6 more sleeps till Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...