Friday, August 17, 2012

Ghoulish Fun



Today's card is a wee bit out of the ordinary for me.  I don't typically make or send Halloween cards.  It's just not a big deal for us...however, now that my son is getting to an age where Halloween is a big event, I feel as though I have to get into the spirit a bit more.  Hence today's project, based on this week's sketch over at Stamping 411:

Halloween card for SSC 268 featuring the Googly Ghouls stamp set
Now, the colour scheme for this card is actually from last week's colour challenge over at Nacho Average  Challenges (another fun challenge site I stumbled across) that featured Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry and Lucky Limeade.  Of course, once again, I am too late posting this to enter that particular challenge, but I'm just in time for the sketch!  In any case, that colour combo said Halloween to me and led to this card.  My Big Shot got a real workout on this one!  Here is the list of Big Shot products I used here:  Spider Web TIEF, Cheveron TIEF, Labels Collection Framelits, Finishing Touches Edgelits.  Isn't it amazing what that tool can do??  I can't imagine this card without all of those elements.  The best part, though is those fun little googlie eyes on Frankie...they just bring him to life!  Even better, they're only $2.95 for 50!  What a deal!!  My son really liked this card...in fact he told me that I have to send it to him for Halloween!  Getting his dibs in early, I guess!

Speaking of dibs...I'll be back later this morning to announce the lucky winner of my Bloggaversary Blog Candy giveaway.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...