Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Twelve Days of Christmas Day 12

Merry Christmas everyone!!  I always feel like the launch of the new Holiday Catalogue is like Christmas...so many new toys to play with!  In honour of the big day I have a special project to show you.  The very first thing that caught my attention when I first laid eyes on the new Holiday catty is the beautiful ornament on the front cover.  It is simply stunning and I knew I just HAD to make one!  So...here is my version:

CASE of Holiday Catalogue cover featuring the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set

I decided to try a neutral palette, thinking it might work with a variety of Holiday colour schemes.  I also changed up the ornament shapes used, just to be different.  I am quite pleased with the result.  Now, before you all email me asking when I'm offering a class on these ornaments, let me warn you...they are A LOT of work!  Each petal requires three stamped and die-cut ornaments for a total of 15 on each layer.  That's a lot of stamping and cutting, but SO worth the effort.  Given the amount of work involved I've designed a simpler version, similar to those on page 3 of the Holiday catalogue that we'll be making as part of my Ornament Keepsakes stamp camp event on August 26th.  You can view photos and event details HERE.  If you just aren't satisfied with the simpler version I will be writing a tutorial on how to create the deluxe version in the near future...stay tuned!  Now, as always, here is the complete list of products used in the creation of this project...*Starred items are available TODAY from the Holiday Catalogue!

*Ornament Keepsakes Bundle (includes stamp set and coordinating Framelits) (CM129950, WM 129949) pg. 3
Very Vanilla CS (101650)
*Champagne Glimmer Paper (127885) pg. 18
Early Espresso ink pad (126974)
Crumb Cake ink pad (126975)
*Crumb Cake 3-1/2" Scalloped Tulle ribbon (127840) pg. 4
Big Shot (113439)
Vintage Faceted Designer buttons (127555)
Victoria 5/8" Crochet trim (118481)
Very Vanilla Seam Binding ribbon (120999)
Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)

Today is also the day I get to show you my project for this month over at Craft Project Central!  I designed this for my son to take on his first day of Kindergarten.  Check it out:

First Day of School Gift set featuring  Storytime DSP
This set includes a note pad/pencil holder set and card for the teacher as well as cute pencil toppers for your child's new classmates.  If you are local, check out my Upcoming Events tab for information about a Mommy-and-Me class I am offering that will include everything pictured in the photo.  If you aren't in the Cambridge area, you can access the tutorial for this project by subscribing to August over at Craft Project Central.

Now for some more news.  Later today I will be sending out my August Newsletter and in it there will be a special CODE WORD. When you see it, remember it! Next week I will be calling everyone on my mailing list to book holiday card parties and private classes in an effort to set my schedule for the fall and get everyone started early enough to actually send their cards this year!  When I call I will be asking if you know the CODE WORD...if you do, you will WIN A FREE CATALOGUE ITEM valued at up to $10 when you book and hold a party or private class in the months of August, September, October or November.  Remember, these events can be in your home or in mine with a minimum of 3 guests, in addition to yourself.  Plus, if your guests place orders, you'll also receive more FREE PRODUCT as part of Stampin' Up's Hostess Benefit program.  So, watch for my newsletter and start thinking about dates for your event and I'll talk to you next week!

Not on my mailing list?  Click the EMAIL ME button in the right side-bar to request a copy of this month's Newsletter.

1 comment:

  1. This is so absolutely completely and totally GORGEOUS!!!!! I love the neutral colors that you used so much more than the on on the catty! I haven't made one of these yet (too many other things that have to be done first). I just LOVE yours! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...