Friday, January 24, 2014

A Simply Sketched Birthday

Whew...TGIF!!  We made it to Friday...wahoo!  Tonight is my All About Birthdays Card Buffet and I am very excited!  It is going to be a great evening!  Here is a card I designed for the event using the Simply Sketched hostess set from the Annual Catalogue:

Generic birthday card featuring the Simply Sketched hostess set.
I love coming up with card designs that are generic...perfect for both men and women and suitable for multiple occasions.  This particular design could work as a sympathy card or a thank you simply by using one of the other sentiments included in the stamp set.


I really like this colour scheme...that pop of yellow is rather unexpected, but really adds interest to the design.  I used some of the twine from the Sweet Sorbet Accessory pack available starting next Tuesday in the Sale-a-bration brochure.

Inside view with sentiment from Petite Pairs.
I carried that bit of yellow inside the card, matting the sentiment with a label cut from Summer Starfruit card stock, using the Chalk Talk Framelits.

Try your hand this weekend at creating a generic card.  They are great to have on-hand! Have a super weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great card for any occasion. I think birds and trees are always appropriate for men and women. Love the layout and the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...