|Birthday card featuring the NEW Just Saying stamp set and coordinating Word Bubbles Framelits...get them bundled for 15% off!|
This is a really simple card that uses the inlaid embossing and chalkboard techniques. In case you want to recreate it, here is a quick how to:
- I die cut the various word bubbles out of different colours of card stock. Here is the list of colours I used: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Tangerine Tango, Bermuda Bay and Rich Razzleberry.
- I glued the die cuts to a 4" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock, allowing some to extend over the edge. I then trimmed the overhanging pieces and ran the whole thing through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice TIEF. I glued the embossed piece to a Basic Black card base.
- The sentiment is heat embossed in white on Basic Black card stock and then die cut with the Word Bubbles framelits. I adhered it to the card using dimensionals.
- For a little bling I added some chevrons punched from Silver Glimmer paper using the Chevron Border punch.
- For the inside I stamped the cake and sentiment in black Staz On ink and then coloured it using markers.
|Inside view with image and sentiment from the Best of Birthdays set.|
I really love this card...it is fun and easy and perfect for just about anyone who is feeling less like celebrating the number of candles on their cake!