Tuesday, January 7, 2014

To The Moon and Back

One of the things I often tell my son is that I love him to the moon and back.  He then responds with "I love you to Jupiter and back", to which I respond "I love you to Saturn"...you get the picture.  It always ends with Pluto because his 6-year-old mind can't imagine anything beyond our solar system.  All of this to say that when I saw the new Love You to The Moon stamp set in the Occasions Catalogue it went directly to the top of my Wishlist.  Here is the set:

Love You to the Moon (133143)

And here is the cute card I made with it...inspired by one I saw on Pinterest, but didn't actually pin, so I can't give credit to the original artist.  Her card was MUCH better than mine and used several non-Stampin' Up products...I simplified it quite a bit and used only SU products.


Valentine's card featuring the Love You to the Moon and Gorgeous Grunge stamp sets.
Wouldn't you know that my son came to see what I was working on while I was making this and when he saw it he immediately asked if that card was for him?!  Of course I said yes!



Actually I made it intending to use it as one of the Make-n-Takes at my monthly team meeting last night.  The meeting ended up being postponed because we are under a blizzard warning and a wind chill warning here, so it will keep till next week.  If you want to recreate it yourself here is a quick how-to:
  • The background is stamped using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and Encore Silver Metallic ink.  I just stamped the spatter image repeatedly all over the Basic Black card base.
  • The moon is a partial circle in Basic Gray, cut with the Circles Collection framelits.  I stamped all over the die cut using Versamark ink and the larger spatter image from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  I then sponged the edges of the die cut moon with Basic Gray ink.  Then I sponged the entire thing with Illuminate Glimmer Watermark ink...it gives the moon a soft, shimmery glow.
  • The sentiment is stamped in black Staz On and then die cut using the Deco Labels framelits.  I coloured the rocket and the moon with markers and added a bit of Epic Day Washi Tape.
  • The little heart in the moon is punched from Real Red card stock using the small heart punch.
  • On the inside I used another image from the Love You to the Moon set, as well as a Full Heart punched from Silver Foil paper and a star punched from red Glimmer Paper.

Inside view with another image from Love you to the Moon.
Now today is Tuesday, which means a whole new batch of Weekly Deals.  Check them out!





Borders Scoring Plate Simply Scored
Item # 126192

Regular Price $19.95   Discounted Price: $14.96




Classic Pad Soft Sky Item #131181
Regular Price: $7.25  Discounted Price: $5.44




Finishing Touches Edgelit Die
Item # 127010

Regular Price: $11.95 Discounted Price: $8.96




Houndstooth Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die Item # 123134
Regular Price: $9.95 Discounted Price: $7.46




Marina Mist 3/4" Chevron Ribbon
Item # 130016

Regular Price: $12.50 Discounted Price: $9.38




Envelope Liners Framelits Item # 132172
Regular Price: $32.95 Discounted Price: $24.71




Frosty Day II Digital Download Kit
Item # 128875

Regular Price: $10.95 Discounted Price: 6.57
Have a great day...and stay warm where ever you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...