|Valentine featuring the Crazy, Mixed-up Love stamp set and using the Bubble Background technique.|
As soon as I saw what this technique looked like I knew I just had to use it with this stamp image...it was made for it!! Here is how I did it:
- I started with some white acrylic paint I bought at our local dollar store in a small bowl.
- I added many drops of Real Red reinker to tint it to a reddish hue.
- Then I added some dish-washing soap and mixed it all up. Now, here's a tip: If you are using concentrated dish-washing soap add a little water as well. I found that the mixture was too thick and didn't bubble well until I added a few drops of water. Once I added the water it worked great!
- Using a drinking straw, I blew bubbles in the mixture. As I blew, coloured bubbles started to form. I kept blowing until the bubbles rose above the rim of the bowl and then I laid my Whisper White card stock on top of the bubbles. The bubbles burst, leaving their imprint on the card stock.
- I repeated this several times until I had the texture and intensity of colour that I wanted.
- After the card stock had dried I ran it through the Big Shot with my Tasteful Trim die, which gave me the wavy strip.
- The black background is embossed using the new Decorative Dots TIEF...available Jan. 28th through Sale-a-bration.
- The lava lamp is inked using Basic Black and Real Red makers and is stamped on Whisper White card stock. I die cut it using the Ovals Collection framelits and matted it on a larger Real Red oval.
- The sentiment is also inked with a Basic Black marker and is die cut using the Bitty Banners framelits.
- The tiny sparkly heart is punched using the Owl Builder punch.
|Inside view with sentiment from the Love you to the Moon stamp set|
I did a second sample where I used a bit of a twist...you'll just have to check back on Monday to see that one! Have a great weekend and if you have some stamping time give this technique a try. It is great fun! Be sure to stop by The Technique Twist to see what the amazing design team have come up with...you'll be inspired!