Happy Monday! The first full work week of 2014 and time for me to head back to school. We have just three weeks until the start of exams, which means mucho marking for yours truly! Good thing I managed to get most of this month's classes prepped last week!
Today I have another sample of the Blurred Watercolour technique for this week's challenge over at The Technique Twist. If you saw my post on Saturday you know we have a Blog Hop happening to celebrate our three new Design Team members. I'll post the list below in case you missed it on Saturday :)
This project is one of those types of cards that no one likes to make but everyone needs from time to time. It is a sympathy card that uses the Blurred Watercolouring technique in two different ways...
|Sympathy card featuring the Everything Eleanor and Flower Shop stamp sets and using the Blurred Watercolouring technique. Sentiment is from Best of Greetings.|
Here's a quick how-to:
- For the background I first brushed my watercolour paper label with my Aquapainter so that it was damp, but not soaked. I then stamped the flourish, from the Everything Eleanor stamp set, in Pistachio Pudding ink. The ink ran slightly on the wet paper. Once the paper dried I ran it through the Big Shot with the Fancy Fan TIEF.
- The flowers are from the Flower Shop set and are stamped in Crisp Cantaloupe ink on Naturals White card stock. I brushed over each image with my Aquapainter and then went back and added more colour with my blender pen. I punched them out using the coordinating Pansy Punch and then added the pearls in the centre of each flower.
- The sentiment is from the Best of Greetings set and is heat embossed in pewter on a label cut from watercolour paper using the Apothecary Accents framelits.
- The DSP background layer is from the Sweet Sorbet DSP pack, available as part of the Sale-a-bration promotion beginning January 28th.
- The sentiment on the inside of the card is from the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set.
|Inside view with sentiment from Thoughts and Prayers.|
Now, in case you missed it on Saturday, here is the Blog Hop list: