Monday, July 24, 2017

It's Christmas in July!

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I was busy prepping for my Christmas in July event tomorrow evening...I even baked Christmas cookies! I have to say, Christmas baking is much more enjoyable when it isn't done in 30+ degree humidity!
This is also the week that we demonstrators get our first peek at the upcoming 2017 Holiday Catalogue, so in honour of that, I thought I would showcase some holiday projects to get you in the festive mindset. Not only that, but today's project features a bundle that you'll be able to order starting August 1st (or TODAY if you purchase the Starter Kit!)...

How fun is Lemon Lime Twist for Christmas?? I love the funky, contemporary pop it gives and combined with the vintage-style font of the greeting, I think it really works. I stamped the greeting from the Carols of Christmas stamp set in Real Red ink...isn't it cool the way it almost looks 3D? I love the shadow effect on the letters. I highlighted the greeting by inking just the word "the" with a marker and stamping it again and then punched it out using the Classic Label punch. I popped it up using Mini Dimensionals. The circles for the greeting are die-cut using the Layering Circles Framelits.

That fabulous background paper is from the Foil Frenzy Specialty DSP pack. I added a strip of Eastern Palace DSP behind the greeting as well as some (retired) Real Red Stitched Satin ribbon. (Can't WAIT for more Real Red ribbon in the Holiday Catty...I'm missing it BIG TIME!). The trees peeking out from behind the greeting are die-cut from gold foil card stock using the new Card Front Builder Framelits. These awesome new dies and the coordinating Carols of Christmas stamp set will be in the Holiday Catalogue, AND will be available as part of a special sneak peek promo starting August 1st. The only embellishments on this card are some iridescent sequins.

On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped a sentiment from the Merry Mistletoe stamp set in Real Red ink. I added a 3/4" strip of the DSP from the front of the card as well as another die-cut gold foil tree. Here's a paper-saving tip: When cutting card fronts from a sheet of 12" x 12" paper, cut six 4" x 6" panels. Then trim each one down to 4" x 5-1/4" and you'll have a perfect 4" x 3/4" strip left. Using the panel on the front of the card and the strip on the inside. Voila...no waste!

Now, I couldn't resist trying this project in another colour scheme...check this one out:

Here, I substituted the Lemon Lime Twist for Tranquil Tide...and I love it too! The DSP behind the greeting is from the Coffee Break DSP pack.


So now, the question is which do YOU prefer: Lemon Lime Twist or Tranquil Tide? Leave me a comment and cast your vote. Then be sure to stop by tomorrow for more Christmas in July inspiration. Have a great week!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00
Real Red 3/8" (1 Cm) Stitched Satin Ribbon
Real Red 3/8" (1 Cm) Stitched Satin Ribbon
[141693]
$12.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...